About Me

Exton, Rutland, United Kingdom
I am a designer-maker who produces porcelain jugs, cups and cake stands, inspired by vintage textiles and ephemera. Follow me here to keep updated with my news and latest exhbitions!

Thursday 10 January 2013

New for 2013

Happy new year! I thought it has been a while so I thought I was due a blog post to share my news...




My Lace inspired collection is still on display in Debbie Bryan’s studio and shop and Nottingham castle as part of Debbie Bryan Heritage.
“Lace:here:now”  September 2012 – February 2013
“Fuelled by a continued resurgence of lace in contemporary culture and art and design practice, Lace:here:now is a season of events that will take place in the city that was once at the heart of the lace manufacturing industry - Nottingham. In recognition of the value of lace and its importance to the identity of Nottingham and beyond, Lace:here:now will celebrate the heritage of Nottingham lace and demonstrate that lace still inspires, fascinates and excites.”  



At Made by hand show, Wales I won a feature in Homes and Antiques magazine so watch this space for Katie Almond ceramics popping up in the March issue. So exciting!



Also in March I am taking part in the Design Factory collaboration exhibition ‘Synchronise’ and I am collaborating with the lovely Milly Moore. Check out her lovely jewellery here www.millymoore.co.uk and watch this space for images of what we create together!

Dates for the Diary
I will be returning to The British craft trade fair BCTF 7th-9th April 2013 www.bctf.co.uk And I will be exhibiting in June at the lovely Contemporary craft festival Bovey Tracey, Devon, 7th-9th June 2013 www.craftsatboveytracey.co.uk
Workshops
Watch this space for new workshop dates at Debbie Bryan’s studio and shop, Nottingham www.debbiebryan.co.uk and I will be returning for the Speed craft event Saturday 27th April. 11.30am - 4.30pm  SPEED CRAFT, 6 creative workshops in 1 day ! £68 or sign up to our newsletter for our special price of £58 Print - Glass - Ceramics - Paper - Jewellery - we promise new ideas and inspiration and of-course our usual delicious cakes. Take a peek at our blog post about SPEED CRAFT: November 2012 http://debbiebryan.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/a-look-back-at-speed-craft.html
Just to remind you that you can now buy my work online at www.madebyhandonline.com and I regularly update my page with new pieces.

That’s all for now and thank you for all your support in 2012 and I hope to see you at my future events!
Best wishes,
Katie
Follow me on twitter @kalmondceramics
Like my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Katie-Almond-ceramics/162186390551992

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Katie with all your events this year. I'm looking forward to treating myself to another piece of your fabulous creations
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete