About Me

Exton, Rutland, United Kingdom
I am a designer-maker who produces porcelain jugs, cups and cake stands, inspired by vintage textiles and ephemera. Follow me here to keep updated with my news and latest exhbitions!

Sunday 5 January 2014

News for 2014

Happy new year! I have been busy updating the website with new events for the year ahead. I have had a lovely break drawing and designing but now I'm raring to get back to the studio! 


I have got a collection on it's way for a Creative twinning showcase at Rufford craft centre http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/enjoying/countryside/countryparks/rufford/




I will be at the British craft trade fair (BCTF)for my 4th year showcasing some new pieces 6-8th April 2014 www.bctf.co.uk.

'madebyhandonline presents...' at Jennifer Collier’s Unit 12, rural Stafford, 6th March-21st May. This exhibition will showcase a selection of iconic handmade craft from their makers at madebyhandonline.com.



I will be running a ceramic workshop alongside this exhibition at Unit12 Porcelain brooches and tiles 22nd March 2014 “Be inspired by Katie Almond’s design boards and interesting objects to impress into clay to make a trio of brooches and a statement tile. You will learn about working with porcelain, adding texture and how to apply coloured glazes to create stunning individual pieces.”£45pp 10-4 pm To book call 07811 460494 or to book online (which includes a £1.50 online booking fee)

I am delighted to announce that I will be returning to the lovely Contemporary craft festival 6-8th June 2014 Mill Marsh Park, Bovey Tracey, Devon. I love this show it has lots of lovely makers and a great atmosphere check it out... www.craftsatboveytracey.co.uk



I have been invited back to exhibit my seaside range at ‘Summer show’ group exhibition of ceramics and paintings at the Porthminster gallery, St. Ives Cornwall 5th July-23rd August 2014 www.porthminstergallery.co.uk



Also if you could spare a few minutes to vote for my work at the craft and design magazine selected awards. For more information and to vote for your favourite makers please check out http://www.craftmaker.co.uk/katiealmond/

You can now also follow me on Pinterest and see what inspires me! http://www.pinterest.com/Kalmondceramics/

As well as Pinterest you can also follow me on Twitter @kalmondceramics and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Katie-Almond-ceramics/162186390551992?ref=hl. Watch this space for more news and new workshops dates!

1 comment:

  1. wow i love your work I am a huge fan of vintage textiles and collect lots of it...
    found you via lemonade kitty's blog....
    Daisy j

    ReplyDelete