About Me

Exton, Rutland, United Kingdom
I am a designer-maker who produces porcelain jugs, cups and cake stands, inspired by vintage textiles and ephemera. Follow me here to keep updated with my news and latest exhbitions!

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Latest news and shows! Summer 2014


I haven't blogged in a while so I thought it was about time I shared my news and what I have been up to! Time is flying and I am busily preparing for the Contemporary craft festival next week 6-8th June 2014 Mill Marsh Park, Bovey Tracey, Devon www.craftsatboveytracey.co.uk. I'm on Stand C14 if you are popping along to the show. It's a really lovely show with a mix of makers and a great atmosphere with demos and workshops outside to take part in. I will take some pictures and blog the highlights on my return. 



I will also be exhibiting my 'St.Ives seaside inspired pieces again this summer in the ‘Summer show’ group exhibition of ceramics and paintings at the Porthminster gallery, St. Ives Cornwall 5th July-23rd August 2014 www.porthminstergallery.co.uk

I have also been a busy bee on the commission side from christening pieces to wedding anniversary plates. These are my favourite ones which I designed with personalised photos and text. I always really enjoy making these special pieces...




I have some exciting workshops lined up with more dates to be added so watch this space! 



Saturday 5th July 2014 11-1pm porcelain brooch making. “Be inspired by my work and create your own trio of glazed porcelain brooches.” NEW shop opening in Leicester ‘Marmalademudpie and me’ 36 Francis Street, Stoneygate Leicester. Link for more details https://www.facebook.com/marmalademudpie




I will be returning to the lovely Unit 12 in September for a day of porcelain! Porcelain brooches and tiles 27th September 2014 10-4pm. “Be inspired by Katie Almond’s design boards and interesting objects to impress into clay to make a trio of brooches and a statement tile. You will learn about working with porcelain, adding texture and how to apply coloured glazes to create stunning individual pieces.” For more details and to book http://www.unittwelve.co.uk/workshops.htm





No comments:

Post a Comment