About Me

Exton, Rutland, United Kingdom
I am a designer-maker who produces porcelain jugs, cups and cake stands, inspired by vintage textiles and ephemera. Follow me here to keep updated with my news and latest exhbitions!

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Latest news...

I have just realised I have not blogged for a few months now so I thought it was a good time to share my news! It's been a busy one with lots of exhibitions, workshops and new projects to work towards.

I will be travelling up to Harrogate for the British craft trade fair BCTF this weekend 15th-17th and I will be taking all my wares with me and my new range for the Queen's Jubilee celebrations this summer. For more details www.bctf.co.uk



Our exhibition 'The collective' at Creative Hinckley is still running until the 5th May...
'Formerly all graduates of De Montfort University in Leicester, “The Collective” were formed in 2010. All the members have completed a BA (Hons) degree in Design Crafts which covered a wide range of disciplines from fine silver smithing, ceramics, glass, to mixed media, printing, textiles and more. The group provides a showcase of diversity of skills, fine workmanship and development of their chosen craft as they strive to establish their careers in their particular field.'
www.creativehinckley.co.uk/events/event-detail/the-collective

There is still places left on my workshop there for Friday 20th April.

10 - 12 Make a ceramic brooch. £20.

1 - 4 Ceramic beads or tiles. £25

Try out the styles and ideas that Katie can demonstrate with her

nostalgic inspirations and make a brooch, or beads during the day.

For booking contact:-

There are some lovely images courtesy of Lesley Bee images of the exhibition to give you a taster
http://artography.myshowit.com/collective/index.html www.lesleybee.co.uk

My display...



 Decorative plates on the wall




Jubilee Tea Party jug


I have also been working on a very exciting project with 'Paper rose' a card company based in Nottingham collaging a range of cards inspired by holidays, picnics and the Jubilee. Images coming soon but here is a sneaky peek at one of my drawings.



Watch this space for more news!

No comments:

Post a Comment